Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Okay so I did it

 One of the weird things about ebay is that you can bid on something, and then you're committed to it. So, if, say, between when you place a bid just kind of idly in the bathroom at work and when the auction ends, say, your car needs major repair, well, you still need to pay that even when you wish you wouldn't.

But here we are. Chloe Jane the Face Stealer.

So I now have every doll in the Magic Attic Club line, plus a custom one. We can stop now.

I know I said I didn't really want Chloe, but I actually owned Chloe very shortly, and my sister and I were kind of mean to her, and that's not fair, so here I have her.

Don't tell her, but right now I really wish I had the money I spent instead. Oh well, here's where we are. Dolls can't hear so she doesn't know I said that.

I think that her "I'm from a place where people surf!" idea and teenager looks didn't really appeal to us at the time, since we're from California and it doesn't have the same appeal. I believe one of her legs fell off and then my mom threw her away.


 

This Chloe's definitely been in storage for a while, because her head is determined to stay at a specific angle.

Also as a weird note, this Chloe was sold to me with nothing but her wrist tag, barrette, hair net, and undies. That's not weird. I know a lot of people split the starter outfit off the doll to sell separately. It's that her undies are leopard print. I had to take a lot of nonsense fashion classes for college (don't get me wrong, fashion isn't nonsense, but looking at what kind of chi clothing has while reading an awfully-illustrated self-published textbook my teacher's best friend wrote that I paid $89 for was nonsense) had this long bit about how leopard print is 100% sexual all the time. The class I took was BS and I know it, but it still seemed like a weird pattern to pattern a child's under clothing with.

I'm probably reading too much into that, and if any of you reading this are kids, I'm sorry that I said that. Just remember that no good person on the internet wants you to talk about your underpants online, and if someone asks you to, that's a stranger danger moment.

On a lighter note, I'm not officially unable to say "undies" without hearing "togs, togs, togs, UNDIES." I'm not even from New Zealand.

My Chloe to-do starts with getting her a shirt that isn't branded with another doll line's name. I'll figure out the rest from there. 

I know I don't normally like buying dolls in really good shape, but there's not a lot of options with Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment