Monday, May 8, 2017

18" Dolls: Had to Make It




I couldn't find a doll wardrobe that was big enough to hold my clothes, or even close to big enough, so I made one.

I'm not going to go into the details of how at the moment. It's a sterilite and a dowel and children's coat hangers cut down. I melted the clothes bar hole with a socket wrench and vice grips.

It's just that after reading AG blog after AG blog of adult ladies pissing themselves over the terror that people who can't afford every part of a set might still like their dolls, I wanted to fucking DIY some shit.

I'm in a piss mood right now and I'm just going to go to bed.

Remember, kiddoos, money does not measure your merit. Some people you don't like will have more toys than you and never need to save up for them, and some people you don't like will have to exercise great self control and budgeting skills to just be able to buy a single Monster High doll, and you do not deserve your shit any more or less than either of them. "deserving an AG" or whatever is a thing that exists independently of owning an AG. Not wanting a company to sacrifice quality for the sake of sales is one thing. Not wanting a company to sell at toys r us because it means more people will be able to buy a doll WHOSE QUALITY DID NOT CHANGE is shitty.

So don't sniff down on people who can't afford the doll wardrobe but still want to keep their doll clothes nice. Don't sniff on DIY.

If you've got your head so far up your ass that you think a poor person owning an American Girl doll decreases your ability to enjoy your doll, try shoving it in a little deeper to make room for all your classist bullshit rules that I'm about to tell you to shove up there too.
Fuck, I need to get back into Monster High, where people make more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment