Friday, April 21, 2017

Alison McCann: Project registration



The first doll that I had and was really attached to was Alison McCann, a Magic Attic Club doll.
I still have her, and all her original outfit (minus hair bow, shoes, and underpants, for some reason). I was looking at my Alison and thinking it was time she get upgraded from her 1994 style.
Google gave me a rough, if tacky and OTT, concept for a more modern Ali, so here goes.


I grabbed these shoes off Amazon, and I'm going to make her that beanie in the same yarn I used for Helena's hat, getting the teal color on top and bottom. My Alison's hair is also extremely destroyed on top, so having a hat to cover it will be a nice idea.


This picture doesn't capture the fullness of the damage. Last night, I sat down and put some of Katie Bair's wig conditioner (okay, a lot of Katie Bair's wig conditioner) on it, and it did a huge amount of good, but it can't fix the parts where tiny me cut her hair. Hat, until I get off my ass and buy her a new wig entirely.
I even know what wig. I just haven't ordered it. (Denise wig by Monique, size 12)


After making an art guitar with my last paycheck and trashing a bunch of money, it'll be nice to have a 1:3.5 scale (aka cheap) project to work on. 1/3 of a yard of denim or jersey with my employee discount is still affordable as heck. I threw away some trashed jeans today, and I'm kind of regretting that, but whatever. Update: denim and jersey and a pair of premade socks set me back about $8

The real thing is going to be making sure that Alison's personality and recognizability aren't lost in the new outfit. It'll be a fun exercize in color and scale.

Another project in mind is to make a wardrobe to hang her clothes up in. I have a lot of her clothes.

Typos galore. I'm almost asleep and it's 1:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment