Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Registration: Gooliope Jellington

Look at this lovely girl. She's so pretty, I just had to get some pictures before I messed her up.

There's no way I'm touching this faceup. It's so detailed and so pretty, and absolutely centered onto her eye bulges. The little radioactive hilights kill me. All this is going to be getting is a coat of Super Surface to protect it, and Sculpey Gloss on her eyes and lids.

I'm going to detangle and recurl her hair, because that's easy and makes it so much better.

Her body has these adorable goo drops molded in that I'm going to blush to give them a bit more contrast and a bit more jelly of a look.

With the exception of the horses on her shoes (I'm not saying I bought her for the shoes, but saying that I didn't buy her for the shoes is definitely not a completely correct statement), none of her accessories are painted, but they are all molded with a lot of detail. I think I'm going to go in there with a tiny paint brush and some wet paper towels to add contrast. If it works really well, I'll post a tutorial.
My default to things like this is to do the shoe polish trick, but the plastic they use for the accessories won't hold the polish, as I found out on Maddie.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her dress just yet. I definitely like the idea and wish it had more texture, but damn is that going to be a tricky pattern to replicate. I might have to take a couple liberties with it.


So, I took off all her clothes and accessories and sprayed her down with Krylon Chalky Finish Matte Spray.
I've got a review of some MSC alternatives coming up (not that MSC doesn't work really well, but, well, you need a half-face respirator when you're using it, and I left mine in my other pants. I've been looking like mad for an alternative that isn't as bad for you). In that review, I discovered that Krylon Chalky Finish and Krylon UV Resist Matte perform pretty closely, but the Chalky Finish has a shorter trying time and isn't carcinogenic in large exposures. The UV Resist is suspected to be carcinogenic in long exposures, but it does resist UV, which Chalky Finish doesn't. Super Surface is an excellent, no respirator needed, satin finish that is very resistant to scratches, so I like it as a top coat. It was the only spray I used on Goulia's faceup, but the Krylon does grab pencils and pastel better.



Turns out if you wrap the head in plastic bags and shove it in a Big Gulp cup from 7-11, you can spray the whole body at once without waiting for a side to dry.

And there goes my timer, drying time is up, time to get to blushing

No comments:

Post a Comment