Sunday, February 14, 2016

She's just telling a story

It's always weird to me to leave the dolls sitting around without posing them to look like they're doing something.
I guess it could be weird that I want them to look alive, but to me it's worse to have their faces just staring out there, unseeing.

So here's Maddie telling some interesting story about Wonderland to Gooliope and Ghoulia, who have never even been to the Ever After, and to Kitty who knows the end all too well and is waiting to jump in with that embarrassing fact Maddie was going to leave out.

And yes, Kitty and Goo are in the exact same pose as they were in that webcam shot. I don't always set them up to pose in a story, I just move their heads so they're looking and their hands so they're resting or doing something, instead of sitting stiffly.

But somehow, in my little world of the silly dolls, Kitty and Gooliope have become friends. I think it's because Gooliope is used to being twice the size of everyone, and here she's normal height and Kitty's the little odd cat out, that Gooliope wants to take care of her just a bit.
And the circus is a totally different kind of weird than Wonderland is.

So there's my silly writing.
In reality, my collection goals: 1) Own all the 17" dolls, 2) Own a 17" doll modded into all the main MH and maybe the main EAH girls and 3) Make everyone's clothes.

The other goal I'm not addressing is maybe buying another BJD. I, in theory, have one on the way, but the seller has notoriously bad communication so I have no clue when. And I definitely don't need a second before my first gets here...do I?

I made a hair wefting tutorial for Den Of Angels, which I might crosspost here. Ghoulia's shirt is on crooked, but making progress. I've missed drafting patterns and Ghoulia's red shirt was so much fun to pattern out. She's coming along really well, and I don't even mind that her hair doesn't match the texture of the other dolls'.

There's my updates. I'm not going to lie, it's been a while since I've gone out and tackled a project like Ghoulia, where I jumped in without thinking and without knowing what I was doing. It's a lot of fun.

Maybe I'll take some pictures of them outside in the good light tomorrow during my morning break. The perks of living in your job's basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment