Friday, February 19, 2016

Spoiling Myself


I had to spend a lot of money on my car today, so I also decided that meant I could spend a bit of cash on myself. So here's a haul picture and a picture of some nice dinner I got.

These pan pastels were 75% off. I was dipping a round with them and I really like them. They're very highly pigmented, and blend well, but stay where I put them. I could even paint them onto Gooliope after she's been Super Surface'd.
They have been hit with the Prop 65 warning, but if you check out that first picture you can see my lovely disposable respirator I got for working with pastels and sanding. Nothing saying I need it for sure (haven't checked the MSDS), but it was $2. As a bonus, the mask means when I breathe out, it's diffused. This means I don't accidentally blow any powder away before I set it.

This little dresser is going to become Ghoulia's (Gooliope's getting the wooden chest). This paint job's been switched around. I'm going to do chalkboard drawers, and take out one of the drawers to make a shelf for books and Dead Fast figurines. I just need to figure out what to draw on the drawers. Obviously Ghoulia doodles and notes, but her friends have to draw every time they come over too. You know you had that friend with the chalkboard paint on her wall that you drew on every time.

I also picked up two paint on varnishes, to see if they'd be useful in terms of modding. They're much safer than sprays, but if they don't work as well, there's no use in them being safer.
Polly V MSC is going strong.

Tomorrow, I promise I'll at least get started on making Ghoulia her poor pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment