Thursday, February 18, 2016

Registration: Kitty Cheshire, Book Party

The weather was nice, so I decided to take Kitty out into the garden for pictures.
Other Kitty.

This Kitty.

This is Book Party Kitty Cheshire. Book Party's a line of budget dolls, so each doll has somewhere between zero and two accessories, and no stand. The Book Party line contains Kitty Cheshire, Lizzie Hearts, and Ginger Breadhouse.
From a costume design standpoint, it's interesting how they dressed three dolls in what are effectively tube dresses, and used plastic necklaces to give the dresses details, making intricate designs cheaply. I paid $15 for Kitty, which is about $5 less than a signature line doll, and twice the price of the basic line doll. The basic line comes with stands, too. I might pick one up to give Kitty their stand. Also maybe to have another victim friend model experiment doll to work on. The basic line of dolls don't have articulated wrists or elbows, and have molded on shirts. I don't like them so much, but I do need a stand. And maybe a faceup victim.
Then again, Kitty's pretty hard to pose with her single joints, and I think getting good pictures with one of the basic line girls would be more frustrating than fun.

For Kitty, my plans are to take her necklace and remake it into her dress, give her a better skirt, and just make her match the box art more. I'll paint her little book purse (I love her book purse) and make little things to put into it so she's not carrying an empty book around. I'll see if I can add some details to her shoes. I'll definitely be repainting her little ears.

And I think her eyes aren't level? If I decide they aren't, I'm going to redo her face, but faceups are haaarrd.
Hard to say.

Break's over, time to go back to work, but here's a little picture of what Gooliope's doing:
You know. Hanging out.



No comments:

Post a Comment